The bathroom is that one room in the house where you can indulge in your favourite shades and throw trends out the window. In fact, one of the first things people see when they walk into your home is your bathroom. So, it’s important to choose colours that will make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Here are a few colour combinations that would work:
- Blue & White – Perhaps the most common colour pair in a bathroom, blue and white can be blended with any primary or secondary shade and it adds a natural feel, rich hues like marine blue and even sky blue are excellent choices to add soothing brightness to the room.
- Shades Of White – Why not stick with the lightest shade, which means you can add any colour and still have a balanced look. Ivory, gold or brass all blend gracefully with all surfaces. If you have this colour scheme in mind, you will want to pay a visit to the bathroom store in Woking or in your city and see what they have on offer.
- Amber Yellow & Natural Brown – If you are a nature lover who connects with neutral colours, this is an earthy combination, especially with beige architrave and skirting boards. Search through interior design magazines for shades of yellow and brown for some inspiration and paint shops will mix any colour you like. There are many online interior decor websites where you can see some fine examples of exquisite bathrooms.
- Purple & Pink – If you love the warmth of purple and pink, why not combine the two, with pink walls and purple blinds. This combination needs white or creme or possible jasmine. With some natural greenery, this is a balanced bathroom ambience. Mint green as a minor colour balances out the colour spectrum.
- Jade Green/Salmon Pink – They go together like they were made with each other and both are very easy on the eye; gold fittings really complete the luxury look. Yellow towels and a few reed baskets add texture and depth. An expert on bathroom design Twickenham or your city counts on would be happy to talk to you about colour combo and help you create your dream bathroom.
- Orange & Yellow – A favourite among rural bathrooms, there are so many shades that work with cream or white as well as primrose yellow walls with orange blinds. Flowery designs brighten up this most special of rooms, bringing a summery feeling.
- Ivory & Grey – If you want the stately home look, this is the perfect match-up, along with a touch of brass or gold. Talk to a local bathroom designer about marble tops and vanity and with an oval bathtub. Smoked glass for the shower unit completes the look and there are lots of cute accessories to make it your own concept.
- Black & White – The monochrome look is easy on the eye and is perfect for the Art Deco lover, with black and white floor tiles.
As you probably know, there are literally millions of colours and with a little creativity and imagination, you can create the perfect space for your bathroom. Spend the day at your local bathroom store and you are sure to see a colour set that works for your home.