Over the years, technological advancements have been causing ripples in the online casino landscape. Players in the industry continue to push for inventions as they embrace modern trends. When the technology that online casinos such as ICE Casino use evolve, it makes it possible to offer more convenient, faster, immersive, and secure solutions. There have been so many changes in the online gambling world. Continue reading to uncover new technologies that will impact casinos in 2022.
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
These two primary terms constantly take center stage when discussing new technologies in internet gaming. The technologies have made the introduction of many fresh gambling experiences possible. They have made it likely to experience something closer to life when gaming. For instance, it is now possible to get a 360° view of a casino when you are comfortably seated at home. Generally, software programming is going through incredible changes that make it possible to create better games. Graphics are also becoming more realistic, and gameplay possibilities are practically endless. New technologies allow gamers to engage with interactive and life-like games creating more fun experiences. We cannot wait for the new likelihoods that both Augmented and Virtual Reality will bring in the future.
A Rise in Use of Cryptocurrency
The use of digital cryptocurrencies is gaining traction all over the globe. Online casinos have also started to adopt this payment option, and it’s only a matter of time before all gaming platforms include cryptocurrency as one of the accepted banking options. Even though traditional payment methods will continue to exist, there’s a high possibility cryptocurrency may end up taking the lead. Gamers love using digital currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Teether for several reasons like
- Users can remain untraceable and anonymous when playing the games they prefer online.
- Cryptocurrency allows gamers to play internationally without any exchange rate or security issues.
- It allows players to deposit and withdraw funds quickly from any corner of the earth without restrictionsLow transaction fees.
It’s also safe to say that cryptocurrency offers one of the safest payment methods because the technology eliminates the need for 3rd parties to protect data from external breaching.
Smart Wearable Technology
2022 will see an increase in wearable technology. More people are investing in smartwatches to help track sleep, steps, overall health, and wellbeing. While most online gambling platforms were only available through phones, tablets, and laptops, some trailblazers already offer their services through smartwatches. Industry leaders like Microgaming and Playtech are also offering smartwatch casino applications with more players looking to produce more compatible gambling content. Gamers have embraced these with open arms because they present a convenient way of playing games on the go. Smartwatches enable users to monitor gambling online. They also offer alerts when winning opportunities arise.
Cyber Security Advancement
Cybercrime cases have been on the rise, negatively affecting internet casinos in the past. To curb the menace, online casinos in 2022 must adapt secured cybersecurity technology to protect their businesses and offer gamers a safe playing space. With more powerful tech advancements, casinos use several protocols and policies to deal with breaching and hacking so that defaulters gain nothing from fraud. Casinos may end up doing away with passwords and replacing them with multi-factor authentication to beef up security. The move can reportedly eliminate a high percentage of automated attacks, targeted attacks, and bulk phishing scams.
Since its inception in 2019, 5G has been slowly taking over the world. It promises to offer internet users top-speed connectivity. It is something that is bound to affect online casinos in a positive light offering benefits like:
- Faster gaming speeds to the delight of gamers.
- Gaming capacity will expand, allowing gamers to play many games simultaneously. The difference is seen when playing games like blackjack, poker, and slots simultaneously, something that is not possible with 4G networks.
- Operators can plan and execute complex processes like software upgrades much quicker to serve clients better.
- Gamers can look forward to enjoying their gaming experiences without software errors like waiting for loading screens or buffering time.
- Experts also report that 5G will enhance security, making it impossible for cybercriminals to steal gamers’ hard-earned cash. Transactions will be written in blockchain when you access online gambling accounts to deter hackers from trying to steal resources from the casino.
5G is bound to offer more enjoyable and faster gaming experiences showing continued growth in the industry.
The iGaming industry has always been on the frontline of adopting new technology. Above are a few examples of new technologies gamers will experience when playing the games they like in online casinos in 2022. The best thing about technology is that it is constantly evolving, and gamers can always look forward to creative and helpful innovations that will take online gambling to greater heights.