Yes, finally the social distancing rules are finally being relaxed, and you should be relaxed as well. That means you ought to get a massage on a regular basis, and the good news is that there are plenty of franchise massage studios that can attend to your needs.
Quick Comparison Table
|Elements Massage||Massage Envy|
|Locations||250 studios||1,150 locations|
|Massage Types||Personalized massage, but may incorporate these types:
||Personalized massage, but may incorporate these types:
You can find 250 Elements Massage studios spread over 33 states in the US, along with another studio in British Columbia.
With Elements Massage, you don’t have to settle for a specific massage technique. Instead, the massage therapist will discuss your needs and preferences, and then combine several massage techniques to tailor to your needs. These massage techniques include:
- Deep tissue massage. This puts pressure to the layers of tendons, muscles, and other tissues to reduce muscle stiffness and relieve pain.
- Swedish. This is a soothing therapeutic treatment that’s ideal for those who can’t deal with more painful treatments. This is a full-body massage, and it’s utterly relaxing.
- Sports. As the name of the treatment implies, this is great for the needs of athletes and other highly active people. The massage helps them deal and recover from muscle pain and stiffness. It can also prevent injury and improve athletic performance.
- Trigger point. This is a targeted massage for pain relief and chronic injuries. Getting this massage also helps your muscles function more properly. Basically, this treatment focuses on the contracted muscles and irritated tissues that are often the result of too much exercise.
- Stretch massage. This offers gentle stretching along with muscle manipulation to relieve tension.
- Couples massage. Couples can enjoy getting their massages while side by side.
- Prenatal. This helps with the tension, stress, and aches that result from pregnancy.
You can also pick from the many enhancements to add to your tailored massage. This includes the use of hemp-infused oil, essential oils, warm Himalayan salt stones, hot stones, or cup applications to certain areas of the body.
This brand has become a massive success, with more than 1,150 locations spread all over the country. Each state (including D.C.) has at least one of these studios. California has the most with 164, and Texas follows with 109 studios. That just shows that their massages go beyond political and cultural leanings.
They also offer personalized massages, and that starts with what you’re looking for. The massage you get will depend on your goals, whether you want to sleep better, reduce pain, or improve your mood.
Like Elements Massage, Massage Envy also uses techniques from massage therapies such as deep tissue, trigger point, Swedish, sports, and prenatal therapy. But they also offer the following:
- Cranial Sacral. This is a gentle massage of the fascial system, to relieve the stress in your organs and muscles. It’s deeply relaxing, and it’s often done with low light and soft music.
- Geriatric. This is also a gentle and soothing massage for those who aren’t as active as most people. It promotes circulation and improves posture, and it also enhances one’s overall sense of well-being.
For the enhancements, there’s the CyMe Boost to enhance the skin, essential oils for aromatherapy, exfoliating treatments for the hands and feet using sugar scrub and body butter, hot stones, and a high-tech percussive massage device for rapid tension relief.
Both of these massage studio brands are excellent. They both offer personalized massages to fit your needs and preferences, combining a wide variety of proven massage techniques. They also offer a long list of options when it comes to enhancements.
However, Massage Envy does come off as slightly better. You’re more likely to find one of their studios near you, since it has more than 4 times the number of studios as Elements Massage does. Massage Envy can also be found in all 50 states, unlike Elements Massage.
Massage Envy also seems to offer a slightly more varied range of services. Massage Envy offers a specialized geriatric massage that isn’t part of the Elements Massage services.
The 2 massage franchises offer a somewhat different list of enhancements, which may be the deciding factor when you’re picking between the 2.
Elements Massage offers the hemp-infused Herbal ritual, the Himalayan salt stone treatment, and the cupping therapy.
From Massage Envy, you get the CyMe Boost skin-enhancer serum, exfoliating treatments for the hands and feet, rapid tension relief, and enhanced muscle therapy.
Still, you get a terrific massage whichever massage studio you pick. Just get yourself a membership, enjoy the regular massages, try out the various enhancements, and relish a stress-free life after the pandemic!