Banana bread is a classic, delicious dessert that has been loved by people for centuries. However, sometimes it’s hard to find the time or energy to bake up a loaf. This recipe makes things easier by using just one bowl and requiring only 10 minutes of prep work. It also produces an equally tasty banana bread with options for how sweet you want it and how many bananas you add in. The secret ingredient? A cup of sour cream!
Banana bread is an amazing treat that can be enjoyed any time of the day, with a cup of coffee or tea. This recipe makes two loaves so you can eat one and share it with friends! Everybody will love your sweet-smelling house as this loaf bakes in your oven for 45 minutes to make the whole house smell like a bakery. If you also would like to know the recipe of nothing bundt cakes, don`t hesitate to read more about it.
- 250g of all-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- Mashed bananas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 115g of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- 150g of brown or white sugar
- Place the bananas in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add eggs, oil or apple sauce, brown sugar and vanilla extract to the mashed banana mix and stir well again.
- Mix dry ingredients together before adding them into the wet mix. Do not over-mix or your bread will be tough! This dough is very thick.
- Grease two loaf tins and dust them with flour or line the base of each tin with baking paper before pouring in the batter. Bake for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean from the centre of the loaf, depending on your oven strength.
How to Mash Bananas for Banana Bread
If you want to make these loaves sugar free, simply use a cup of apple sauce in place of the oil. Or if you prefer your bread not-so chocolatey, leave out the cocoa powder and double up on the vanilla extract instead! These are great for wrapping up into little packages or slicing into bars that can then be packed into lunchboxes.
A mixing bowl
Bananas and eggs. That`s it! No flour or sugar is required to make banana bread. However, we recommend adding a pinch of salt for extra flavour as well as some brown sugar for sweetness and moisture.
We also love adding chocolate chips to the batter, which add an extra touch of richness, or chopped walnuts to give a little crunch. You can mix everything in one bowl, you can vary the amount of sugar or bananas. And the secret to its great flavour? A cup of sour cream! It’s super moist and delicious with a touch of sweet nuttiness.
How to Freeze Banana Bread
Once your loaves have cooled, you can wrap them in plastic and freeze them for up to a month. Defrost the bread at room temperature overnight or heat from frozen in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees Celsius 350 Fahrenheit.
If you’re looking for more banana recipes, check out our red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing or this easy recipe for cinnamon ice cream. We also have a delicious chocolate cake that is so simple to make and can be done in one bowl! You could even try your hand at making some meatballs – the meatball maker will help you form them easily. Having too many ripe bananas is not a problem with these tried and tested recipes!
Having a bachelor degree in engineering Charles Farrell.choose the way of a writer to share car repairing tips and his life experience with others.
He has been creating content about everything for almost 6 years. Charles also enjoys travelling and learning something new.