Next to eyes and skin, hair is one of the first things we notice about other people. That said, a lot of women testify that having fuller and shinier hair boosts their self-confidence when they’re in public. But, in order to get to that point, you need to implement proper hair care.
There are multiple proven ways to improve the health and looks of your hair, such as by regular exercise, taking certain supplements, using less heat, etc. However, what certainly makes the biggest difference is choosing the right shampoo and conditioner. These hair products can make or break your hair (literally). A big mistake that women make is paying little to no attention to their choice of shampoo. Almost all products that you find on supermarket shelves contain harsh ingredients that damage your hair.
On the other hand, natural shampoo formulas are made from high-quality and carefully selected natural ingredients. If you’re looking to make the switch to natural, try a Biologika shampoo. These Australian-made products are a staple in natural and sustainable haircare. They’re cruelty-free, vegan-friendly, and eco-friendly.
The Biologika shampoos aren’t tested on animals and don’t contain any harsh and synthetic ingredients that cause harm to the environment. Read on to discover some of their biggest benefits and why you should opt for them instead of traditional shampoos.
All Natural Shampoos by Biologika
As mentioned, these shampoos are made from premium natural ingredients, such as Aloe Vera, nettle extract, green tea extract, essential oils, etc. These are combined in a special formula that gives your hair natural strength, shine, and softness. They also help you maintain a healthy scalp. Below are several popular hair products by the brand that suit different hair types and needs:
- Citrus Rose Shampoo – A hydrating mixture containing rose, geranium, and sunflower oils, as well as antioxidant-rich organic Goji berry. This shampoo is ideal for dry hair, leaving it silky and restored.
- Lemon Myrtle Shampoo – Use this shampoo for oily hair and scalp. It includes papaya fruit extracts and organic lemon myrtle essential oil, which help to freshen and cleanse your hair.
- Coconut Shampoo – Coconut oil extract and jojoba oil are both antioxidant-rich in this product. It’s good for all hair types, but it’s especially good for repairing and growing damaged hair.
- Sensitive Shampoo – Those that struggle with sensitive hair and scalp can try out the sensitive and fragrance-free Biologika shampoo. This product revitalizes and soothes your hair and scalp. It contains vitamins E and C, as well as Organic Aloe Vera, Green Tea and Cucumber.
Products That Are Free from Harmful Ingredients
The most visible difference that we see in natural shampoos, such as the ones from Biologika, is that they don’t lather up the same way as store-bought ones do. The reason for this is the absence of foaming agents. However, the lack of suds doesn’t mean that your strands won’t be thoroughly cleansed or that you should apply more product.
Another difference is that store-bought shampoos contain many harmful chemicals that thin out and damage your hair over time. At least one of the following ingredients can be found in regular shampoos.
Sulphates are inexpensive chemicals that are commonly present in hair products since they are effective at dissolving sebum and removing dirt from the hair and scalp. When shampoos with sulphates are being used, they create quite a lot of foam, so those with greasy hair seem to love them.
However, the downside of sulphates is that they dry out the hair and scalp, and can lead to overproduction of sebum over time since the skin on the scalp wants to compensate for the lack of natural oil. This causes your hair to degrade and become dull over time and even oily.
These are preservatives that prevent bacteria from growing in cosmetics, but they’re also present in shampoos. While there’s no decisive scientific proof yet, certain studies indicate that they might cause cancer.
A chemical that’s been connected with a range of serious health risks. It’s also found in a variety of hair products for its smoothing effects. This component is also applied as a preservative in other compounds (for example, washing agents like lauryl sulphate and keratin treatment products like glyoxylic acid). Formaldehyde is deemed safe to use in cosmetics when used in extremely modest doses (but it can still irritate your scalp).
These ingredients are commonly used in cosmetic formulations to dissolve other components, enhance texture, and extend the product’s aroma wear time. According to recent studies, certain phthalates (DEHP) can be detrimental to human health. Phthalates are commonly used in hair care products that are simply labelled as “fragrances”.
Finish Up Your Haircare Routine with a Natural Biologika Conditioner
When it comes to hair conditioning, a lot of people skip this step of their routine in order to save time. After they finish washing, conditioning feels like an unnecessary step that just slows them down when getting ready. On the contrary – applying conditioner offers many benefits for your hair. However, it’s also important to choose the right conditioner.
A lot of hair conditioners that you see in supermarkets contain harsh ingredients such as the ones mentioned above. If you want to get a product that will soothe and nurture your hair, try a natural Biologika conditioner. These are versatile products that contain natural oils and extracts. They hydrate and repair your hair while leaving behind a sweet-smelling aroma. Here are several reasons why a Biologika conditioner can be a vital part of your hair care routine:
- Detangles – Its most evident effect is that it removes knots, making it simpler to comb out damp hair. It works by smoothing the cuticle, which is made up of individual cells that stack like roof tiles on top of each other. When they’re elevated, they tangle with cells on surrounding hair strands. Smoothing them down makes detangling your hair much easier.
- Moisturises – A natural conditioner replenishes moisture in each hair strand that has been stripped away by washing, heat from styling equipment, and the environment.
- Protects – A natural Biologika conditioner smooths out the cuticle layer of your hair. It also leaves a protective layer on top of each strand to shield it from the environment as well as heat from hot water and styling chemicals. Your hair will last longer and look smoother and glossy with less damage.
- Strengthens – Natural conditioners help your hair stand up to the environment, dry air, and hot styling products, resulting in healthy, smooth hair.
- De-frizzes – It leaves your hair silky smooth and frizz-free. Everyone needs hair conditioning, whether your hair is normal, dry, oily, or you have a combination hair type. People with dry, curly hair need to pay extra attention to their hair conditioning game.